Some of my sweet friends threw a BEAUTIFUL shower for us this past Saturday. Ironically, it "showered" on my shower with a light rain outside all day. It was actually very beautiful!

This was a gift that my friend, Tami, made. It welcomed all of the guests to the party... but now it's hanging on our front door as we get ready for Charlie's arrival.

Cute litte decoration of his name was hanging from Tami's chandelier over the food!! (Debbie, me, & Tami)

I was so excited and blessed to have my mom (Gigi) and Carson's mom (Nonni... or Nonna, she's can't decide, but I like Nonni) at the shower!

My sweet friend, Amy, and her daugther, Emery, drove over from Dallas! It was completely the Lord who brought Amy into my life. I met her my 2nd semester in nursing school and couldn't have made it through school without this girl!! We spent way too much time planning our pregnancies and talking about babies when should have been studying. :)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this little searsucker outfit! My friend, Meaghan, monogrammed it for Charlie! This is going to be his outfit to wear for my friend, Kendall's, wedding next May in Belize!!! She even gave him some cute little brown shoes to go with it. I can't wait to see him all dressed up in it, he's going be precious!!

Cute little onesie from Carson's cousin, Robert & Wendy Poling. Now he can get all dressed up for church!! :)

Carson's other cousin, Monica (due in 2 weeks) and her daughter, Shelby were able to come too! This is them with Carson's aunt (Wendy's sister), Linda. Thought this was a cute picture of the three generations!

My sweet friends from Marshall came too, Alise and Lauren, who now live in Dallas, but I just don't get to see them often enough! I love these girls!!

This is Tricia, is one of my very best friends from college (UT). She was one of the hostesses too!! I should give a shout-out to Tricia because she is a faithful follower of our blog :) Thanks Trish for always being such a great friend. Love you!

My big belly (almost 35 weeks)! Again, this picture makes Charlie look bigger than he actually is in person. At my doctor's visit this week (09.17.09) he is estimated to be about 5 lbs 6 oz right now, which is at the 50th percentile. I was relieved when my OB said I have not started dialating and because of his steady growth, I should expect him to be between 7 and 8 lbs. Whew.... I sure hope she's right!! I'm still on my strict low-carb diet (splurging for the cake and cookies at my showers of course) and giving myself insulin at night. Everything looks great! I'm still spoiled with the weekly sonogram and fetal monitoring every Thursday until he arrives. This week he was still head down, with his little hands by his face. It was so cute!

The beautiful hostesses: Tricia Gittemeier, Debbie Slay, Tami McLean (not pictured Ashley Upham and Ashley Kovacs). Ashley U. couldn't come because she had a weekend already planned in Austin and Ashley K. couldn't come because she gave birth to her beautiful little girl (Lilla) 3 days before the shower. Thank you girls so much for a wonderful shower that I will always treasure! It was such a blessing for our little growing family.
1 comment:
Thanks for the 3 generations picture! I always think I look bigger in pictures than what I really am. This is no exception! Any chance I can get a copy of the rest of the pictures your mom took?
Thinking of you!
Post a Comment