Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

New pics of our cute baby!

I apologize for the much needed update, so sit down cause this may take awhile (sorry they are all out of order and I'm too tired to fix it)....
My friend Kristen and her sons, Dalton and Austin, came to see us last Friday. Here are the three boys snuggling on the couch. They were so sweet with our little bear and loving on him. Austin (on the left) was unfortunately diagnosed with leukemia last July. You can read more about his story here. I think I made a post last summer and praying for her son. She is still an oncology nurse and had to put PNP school on hold during his treatment. So far he's doing great!
I babysat the sweetest boys ever when I was at TCU. Hunter and Matthew are big now and love when I bring Charlie over. Here they are chilling out on the rug... (Hunter above was the ring bearer in my wedding... and now he's 11, going on 25!!!!!! I feel so old)
Matthew (7)
All the boys
I had to take a picture of this with my cell because we call it the "Charlie Taco." My mom gives me a hard time about swaddling our baby so tight, but hey, he loves it and sleeps great!! Carson and I can't get over how stinkin' long he is. He practically takes up the whole bed.

He's starting to really know where is hands are and always putting his fist in his mouth... not his thumb or fingers, but his fist. If he manages to get his hand out of the "Charlie Taco" he wakes up! Therefore, we wrap him up tighter. :)
As I mentioned before, Carson is obsessed with duck hunting. Here he is with Chris and his dog, Rivers, and their kill for the day. (Yes, Carson seriously set the tripod up to take this pic, that's pretty hard core if you ask me). Chris' son, Benjamin, was due a week before Charlie's due date but the Lord had other plans for Benjamin. He was not expected to live, but after many, many prayers, he was born at 35 weeks, doing great now, and he's just a little miracle. I think Emily and I hope that Benjamin and Charlie are hunting buddies like their dads some day. There are some cute pics of Charlie and his friend, Benjamin here towards the end of Emily's post on their blog.

Well, I started back at work last week on January 11th. I cried ALL day on the 10th just thinking about it. Then I cried when I left the house, when I got to work and they hugged me, and then every time I pumped that day and thought about him. Needless to say, I missed my little bear! It was hard enough to start my new job, but leaving him was horrible. It has gotten a little bit better everyday. I only cried the first day though. The people I work with are great!! But... I wish that I could work part time and be able to spend more time with my little man, but the Lord has a different plan for us right now. Thank you everyone for your sweet prayers.

We found a babysitter to keep him at the house and she's great! We're learning to trust her more and more. I feel like a psycho mom cause I literally typed up FIVE whole pages of info to tell her before I started work. Seriously Julianne... it's going to be ok! Carson and I laugh that she probably goes home and talks to her friends about this crazy lady that she works for.... no not really, she's too sweet to say anything bad about anyone!!

I'm a huge fan of Kimberly (the babysitter) because she sends me pics of Charlie throughout the day, as well as, multiple texts and leaves me notes for when I come home about his day. Oh- and she takes him on a walk everyday that we have good weather. Carson told her she scored major brownie points with this momma! I leave at 6:40am for work, she gets here at 7:45am, then Carson goes to work and relieves her by 5:15pm and I get home about 5:45pm. When I get home he's asleep, but when he wakes up I make sure he gets about 200 kisses from me before he goes to sleep for the night!
Uncle Andrew came up from Baylor to visit our little "Bear"
I love his little upper lip how it curls up and his toothless gums! So cute... well, there is nothing about him that isn't cute, right???
We went to Jack's 3rd birthday party this weekend. I can't believe he's already 3. I remember going to the hospital the day he was born .
Here are Ashley and Mac (he didn't want to pose for the pics) I love that Carson is eating in the background and holding Charlie!!
Lilla (Ashley's baby) chilling in her carseat. How fun that Lilla, Charlie and Tucker (Debbie's baby, see below) will all be in the same grade!
Jack opening his presents and Debbie prego with Tucker (38 weeks)
Family pic
So big!!!
Hilarious... Jack's only request for his birthday was orange jello!
Our bear, happy as always!!
Oh my goodness I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(p.s. I put on my robe and pjs as soon as I get home from work) :)
Cute video of Carson teaching his son the important things in life... hunting and fishing! (This was taken right before New Year's so its a little old, just takes me awhile to download these pics from my other camera, sorry.)

Prayer request: Charlie has had some bloody stools the past couple of weeks. I've spoken to our pediatrician and multiple other doctors and nurse practitioners and we all agree that it is probably a milk protein allergy that just slowly developed. So, as of Saturday, I have cut all dairy products out of my diet (because I'm breast feeding). Stinks for me because I love milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc. And his diapers were worse when I drank milk. Also, I'm not making enough milk so I have to give him 4-6oz of formula everyday too... and the only kind that doesn't have milk protein in it is expensive!!!!! So my prayer requests are:
  • That his bloody stools stop.
  • That this is ONLY a milk protein allergy and not something worse.
  • That the Lord will heal his little GI tract.
  • That he grows out of this allergy.
  • That I make more milk so I don't have to buy the expensive formula (it stinks too!)
  • That I don't have serious withdrawals from not eating any ice cream!!!! :)
The good news is:
  • He's not in pain!!!!!
  • He's still smiley and happy 99% of the time he's awake!! (only gets fussy when he's tired)
  • His stools have less blood in them since I cut the dairy out of my diet.
  • He sleeps 10-11 hours every night!
  • We are blessed with such a wonderful son who's just a little angel!!!
Thanks for your prayers and enjoy the pics. Love to you all! This working mom is tired....

3 comments:

Amy Marable said...

love your little angel! I am praying that you get to go part time soon! love you girl!

Kelli said...

He is getting SO big and even more handsome!

Just prayed for all the milk issues!

angibrent said...

Charlie is absolutely adorable!!! So stinkin cute!!